The local boys, who had Goth-style makeup and piercings and wore black clothing and nail polish, said they felt ostracized at Quartz Hill High and wanted to get revenge in retaliation for being teased, deputies said. The boys had been on probation in connection with a 2003 assault in which a 14-year-old boy was sodomized with a metal rod, deputies said. Deputies said the 17-year-old admitted to a plan including shooting students and using improvised explosive devices. Deputies said the 15-year-old told them the plan was to kill all of the students who had made fun of him at school and then commit suicide. The teens had attended Quartz Hill High School but were transferred to other schools in the fall because of past discipline problems. The 15-year-old enrolled at Desert Sands Charter School and the older boy at Littlerock High School. The investigation started when a girl contacted a Quartz Hill High vice principal and said she had been told by friends that the 15-year-old did not like her and was planning to kidnap her and cut off her arms and legs. Karen Maeshiro, (661) 267-5744 [email protected] 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORERose Parade grand marshal Rita Moreno talks New Year’s Day outfit and ‘West Side Story’ remake Deputy District Attorney Lonnie Felker contends that the two are criminally unfit for care, treatment and training through Juvenile Court. “We filed a fitness motion,” Felker said. “It was based on a lot of factors.” The boys, whose names have not been released because of their age, remained in custody at Sylmar Juvenile Hall. In announcing the boys’ arrests last week, sheriff’s deputies said the teens had found bomb-making instructions on the Internet and detonated practice bombs in the desert. The two were planning a Columbine-style attack for next Valentine’s Day, officials said. On April 20, 1999, 12 students and a teacher at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., were shot to death by two teenage gunmen who then killed themselves. SYLMAR – Prosecutors want two teenagers charged with planning a Columbine-style attack at Quartz Hill High School to be tried as adults. The two, ages 15 and 17, appeared in Sylmar Juvenile Court on Tuesday and denied charges of conspiracy to commit murder. The younger boy also denied a charge of making criminal threats. The boys are due back in court Jan. 4 to have a date set for a hearing before a judge who will decide whether the teens should be tried in Juvenile Court or as adults. The maximum penalty possible in Juvenile Court is confinement by the California Youth Authority until age 25. If convicted as adults in Superior Court, the two could face life in prison on the conspiracy charge.