A second gang leader arrested for Gonaïves radio station manager’s murder

first_img News Another gang member, Bernard Joseph, was arrested on 20 November in connection with the 16 May murder of Alix Joseph, manager and programme host of Radio-Télé Provinciale, in the northwestern city of Gonaïves. Bernard Joseph was arrested in Port-au-Prince, “where he sought refuge in the hope of escaping prosecution,” Gonaïves police commissioner Ernst Bouquet Dorfeuille said. He is alleged to be a member of the “Cannibal Army,” a feared Gonaïves-based gang that became an opposition militia when Jean-Bertrand Aristide was president.Assisted by the peacekeepers of the UN Stabilisation Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH), the police already arrested another gang leader, Remilien “Ti Nasson” Emmanuel, in connection with the murder and a wanted notice has been issued for a third suspect, Jerry Bien-Aimé.The motive for Alix Joseph’s murder has still not been established. He was shot three times.—-18.07.07 – Arrest of gangster suspected of participating in radio station manager’s murderPolice assisted by peacekeepers deployed by the United Nations Mission for the Stabilisation of Haiti (MINUSTAH) have arrested Remilien “Ti Nasson” Emmanuel, a gang member suspected of participating in the 16 May murder of Radio-Télé Provinciale manager and presenter Alix Joseph in the northern city of Gonaïves. Emmanuel’s arrest on 13 July was hailed by the local population. He was a member of one of the most feared gangs in Raboteau, Gonaïves’ biggest slum.A total of three journalists have been killed this year in Haiti. The other two are freelance photographer Jean-Rémy Badiau, who was killed on 19 January in Port-au-Prince, and radio presenter François Latour, who was kidnapped in a Port-au-Prince suburb on 22 May and killed after a ransom demand had been made.—————————–24.05.07 – Second radio journalist murdered in a weekReporters Without Borders today strongly deplored the murder of well-known actor and radio presenter François Latour, whose body was found yesterday in Port-au-Prince a day after he was kidnapped by armed men on his way home. “The killing, after that of Alix Joseph, manager and presenter of Radio-Télé Provinciale, in the northwestern city of Gonaïves, on 16 May, shows that lawlessness is growing in Haiti. We call on the authorities to thoroughly investigate and find and punish the killers of both men. We send our condolences to Latour’s family” said Reporters Without Borders.The 60-year-old broadcaster had a daily advertising programme on Caraïbes FM and had also presented for several months a talk show on another privately-owned station, Radio Métropole. He was shot in the stomach and had managed to call a friend before probably bleeding to death. The radio station said the kidnappers had demanded a $100 000 ransom. Help by sharing this information to go further News Another journalist murdered in Haiti HaïtiAmericas RSF_en Follow the news on Haïti Violence against the press in Haiti: RSF and CPJ write to Minister of Justice November 14, 2019 Find out morecenter_img News November 22, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 A second gang leader arrested for Gonaïves radio station manager’s murder Organisation HaïtiAmericas Journalist shot dead amid anti-government protests in Haiti October 11, 2019 Find out more News Receive email alerts June 11, 2019 Find out morelast_img read more

Read More

GIVING BACK: Troy Kappa Alpha Psi supports Boys & Girls Club

first_img Pike County Sheriff’s Office offering community child ID kits Remember America’s heroes on Memorial Day Latest Stories Plans underway for historic Pike County celebration Penny Hoarder Issues “Urgent” Alert: 6 Companies Are… The chapter is a dedicated supporter of education and donates school supplies to different schools, most recently to New Life Christian. The brothers are also involved in local tutoring programs.“We are always looking for ways to be of service,” Fayson said. “When we see a need or hear about a need, we try to help do something about it.” Print Article Sponsored Content The Troy University Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi is a service organization that is continually looking for ways to assist with community needs. The chapter is especially supportive of young people and senior adults. They recently donated cleaning supplies to the Boys and Girls Club in Troy. Pictured are chapter members, James Allen, James Wright and Daron Fayson, and Jade Adams, club program coordination.The Troy University Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi is dedicated to giving back to the community. The chapter brothers donated a large number of cleaning supplies to the Boys and Girls Club of Pike and Surrounding Counties on Friday. The supplies were purchased with funds donated by the chapter members.“We learned that cleaning supplies are sometimes in short supply at the Boys and Girls Club, so we knew that was an area where we could help,” said Daron Fayson. “The boys and girls enjoy helping with the cleaning so the supplies serve two purposes.” You Might Like Brooks speaks at Troy rotary The March 7 Troy Rotary Meeting was hosted by Jason Reeves and Debbie Rodgers. They invited Drew Brooks with the… read more By The Penny Hoarder The Kappa Alpha Psi members are continually looking for ways to be of service to the community.“We are especially interested in young people and our senior adults” James Wright said.The brothers of the Troy University Alumni Chapter Kappa Alpha Psi host the annual fish fry for senior adults that is held at the Colley Senior Complex.“We look forward the fish fry each year,” Fayson said. “The seniors really seem to enjoy getting together for a time of food, friendship and fun and we might enjoy it even more.” By Jaine Treadwell GIVING BACK: Troy Kappa Alpha Psi supports Boys & Girls Club Jade Adams, club program coordinator, said the boys and girls do like to clean.“They especially like Fabuloso, because it smells so fresh and clean,” she said. “They enjoy making the club smell fresh and cleaning here is encouragement for them to help at home. We are so thankful for the support of the Kappa Alpha Psi.”The alumni chapter is a non-profit organization with 14 members and growing. “We are few in number but big in heart,” James Allen said. Troy falls to No. 13 Clemson Book Nook to reopen Email the author Skip Published 3:00 am Wednesday, March 22, 2017 Around the WebMd: Do This Immediately if You Have Diabetes (Watch)Blood Sugar BlasterIf You Have Ringing Ears Do This Immediately (Ends Tinnitus)Healthier LivingHave an Enlarged Prostate? Urologist Reveals: Do This Immediately (Watch)Healthier LivingWomen Only: Stretch This Muscle to Stop Bladder Leakage (Watch)Healthier LivingRemoving Moles & Skin Tags Has Never Been This EasyEssential HealthMost 10 Rarest Skins for FortniteTCGThe content you see here is paid for by the advertiser or content provider whose link you click on, and is recommended to you by Revcontent. As the leading platform for native advertising and content recommendation, Revcontent uses interest based targeting to select content that we think will be of particular interest to you. We encourage you to view your opt out options in Revcontent’s Privacy PolicyWant your content to appear on sites like this?Increase Your Engagement Now!Want to report this publisher’s content as misinformation?Submit a ReportGot it, thanks!Remove Content Link?Please choose a reason below:Fake NewsMisleadingNot InterestedOffensiveRepetitiveSubmitCancellast_img read more

Read More

Baking Industry Awards: last call

first_imgLast call for entries into the 2007 Baking Industry Awards! The deadline for entry into all 12 categories is Friday 18 May. But there is still time to download a form from [http://www.bakeryawards.co.uk] and send it back to our events department, post-haste.There is a £500 first prize in each of the categories at stake, plus a night out at London’s glitzy Grosvenor House hotel and recognition from industry peers. Remember you have to be in it to win it! See page 13 for all the details, including how to enter and how to book a table for the Awards evening.last_img

Read More

Covid-19: 2020 Okpekpe 10km Road Race Cancelled

first_imgDue to the escalating covid-19 crisis and the travel restrictions across the globe,organisers of the Okpekpe international 10km road race, the first label road running event in West Africa have cancelled the eighth edition of the competition. This is the first cancellation in the history of the event, coming a year after it became the first silver label road race in West Africa and second in Africa. “We sincerely hope that our runners will want to support us once this is all over and return to run in Okpekpe next year.We also hope our sponsors and partners will understand we are left with no choice but to cancel the race this year. We believe the well being of athletes,officials and spectators,especially the good people of Okpekpe community is more important than the race itself,’ Itemuagbor added and revealed organisers of the race are working with relevant authorities in Nigeria,especially the government of Edo state to ensure a safe environment for all Nigerians and visitors who come into Okpekpe and Edo state for various reasons including sports. read also:Okpekpe Race title: Gyang, Pam celebrate perfect wedding gift He specially thanked Edo state government for providing the enabling environment for the race to thrive and put Nigeria on top of the map as an international destination for sports. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… The cancellation comes six weeks before the event scheduled for Saturday May 23,2020 in Okpekpe,a hilly town near Auchi,Etsako East local government area of Edo state.Mike Itemuagbor, promoter of the race says the decision to cancel the first road race in Nigeria and West Africa to be granted a World Athletics label was a difficult one. “We know this will disappoint many runners who have trained towards the event and tourists who have always chosen the time of the race to escape the hustle and bustle of many Nigerian cities to unwind in a serene, hilly countryside that the Okpekpe community and adjoining towns represent. Regrettably, with ongoing developments in Nigeria and around the world where covid-19 has ravaged so many countries, we no longer consider it safe nor responsible to go ahead with the historic event,” says Itemuagbor.Advertisement Promoted Content8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our FutureBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest PocketThe Best Cars Of All TimeWorld’s Most Beautiful Ceilings That Will Take Your Breath AwayBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them11 Strange Facts About Your Favorite TV Shows7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Muchlast_img read more

Read More

Belgium vs. Bosnia: Sušic Satisfied with Draw

first_imgSafet Susic had no complaints as Bosnia-Herzegovina played out a 1-1 draw with Belgium in Euro 2016 qualifying in Zenica on Monday.Bosnia were forced to share the spoils after Edin Dzeko’s 28th-minute opener was cancelled out by Radja Nainggolan just six minutes into the second half in the Group B encounter.The result marked back-to-back draws for Bosnia but coach Susic was still relatively pleased, considering the standard of opposition.“It was an extremely tough match and it’s a pity we couldn’t keep the lead,” the 59-year-old said.“I’m satisfied with my players’ performance – Belgium are a superb team, the best we’ve played against.“We had a tough match on Friday and I am happy with what my players have shown tonight.”Bosnia languish second from bottom in the group, having collected just two points from a possible 12.The Balkan nation are already five points adrift of leaders Wales and four behind second-placed Israel.While Susic acknowledged Bosnia face an uphill battle to qualify, he has not given up hope of being among the teams to travel to France for Euro 2016.“There is a big fight ahead of us as we want to make it to Euro 2016,” said Susic. “I am convinced we can come in the top two in the group.” (Source: SoccerNews.com)last_img read more

Read More